Sunday, December 3, 2017

Some End of Semester Notes


Last Class. Very nice to see all of you tonight--the projects and discussion were good (Grace's story included!) and I hope you 'll go on thinking about the things I said about Joseph Spence, Andros Island and the song, Coming in on a Wing and a Prayer...  Also, I'm glad we had a chanced to be together informally, with some refreshments...

Evaluations. It's super important that you fill out and turn in a class evaluation sheet. I gave one to each of you present. You'll need to complete the sheet and return it to the Architecture Department Office, 232 Wurster (Berkeley CA 94720) marked Course Evaluation, Visual Studies 185X, Instructor Anthony Dubovsky.  I'm sorry I only got to this at the very end of the evening--meant to do so earlier. Remember, they are reviewed very carefully by the University--a both as to the value of the class and the value of my teaching--and your comments are IMPORTANT!  (Lauren and Fabiha, if you see me in office hours next week, I can get you one to fill out). 

Individual Meetings. If you'd like to see me for a post-class talk, I'll be in my office (482 Wurster) next Thursday from 6-8pm. You're welcome to stop by during that time. Let me know by email if you plan to do so, and I'll put your name on a sign up, starting at 6pm...

Notebooks. As discussed, you do need to complete your class online notebooks. They've been a meaningful part of the semester. Also add a final post about the class itself--your own reflections on the semester--where you started, what you encountered along the way, and where this Songs & Places thing has taken to you--content-wise and creatively... I'll look forward to reading what you have to say...
Due no later than Sunday, December 10. Earlier if possible. Please email me when your notebook is complete so that I'll know when to look.

Again, thanks to all of you for a wonderful semester!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment